Many students who are preparing to take an English proficiency test to select a master’s, doctorate or competition are wrong to think that the fundamental thing is to first learn a specific vocabulary from their area and they are searching for texts and proofs with this objective and write my essay today. This error occurs mainly because the institutions apply the tests separated by area which leads the candidate to automatically incur this serious error.
The teacher Marta Garcia specialist in the subject identified over 20 years of practice that within a text of these exams:
– Approximately 5% to 10% of words are of specific vocabulary by area and usually these words are substantive
– The other 90% to 95% of the words are Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Prepositions, Conjunctions … all interrelated within the text
The preparation for the English proficiency examination of the postgraduate course must be divided into 2 steps and follow mainly the correct order:
- Structure of the English Language applied in Textual Analysis:
– Morphological Analysis of Words (Verbal Times, Phrasal and Modal Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Prepositions, Conjunctions …)
– Syntactic Analysis of Prayers (Subject, Word and Complement)
– Testing techniques due to the time that is always very short
There is an appropriate methodology for the English proficiency exams of the graduate degree that is called Instrumental English. This methodology focuses precisely on the knowledge of this first stage of preparation.
- Learn vocabulary specific to your area
By mastering the first and most important step of the process the candidate can pick up some texts in English and previous exams from his area to practice the acquired knowledge and to complement his studies. We only recommend starting directly for this stage candidates who already have the advanced level in the English language.
Study Materials for the Graduate Examination Proficiency Test
To help you further in your studies we separate some very high quality materials.